What is CrossFit Kids?
CrossFit Kids is meant to be BIG fun for all ages. Broad-Inclusive-General fun. Fun means we provide an active alternative to sedentary pursuits, which means less childhood obesity and all-around better health for our children. The fitness program is scalable for any age or experience level and accounts for the varied maturation status one can find in a class full of kids. Not only that, a vast body of research indicates that exercise is beneficial to cognitive function, which means that consistent adherence to the program can have a positive impact on children’s academic achievement. This is a class that your child will leave feeling proud and accomplished. Never discouraged or excluded. If your child isn’t the best in gym class, or doesn’t excel in sports, CrossFit Kids will be the answer. Watch this great video on Crossfit Kids
3 Reasons your Kids Should Try CrossFit:
- Physical Benefits: CrossFit is great for kids because of the wide variety of disciplines it involves, from weightlifting to calisthenics to gymnastics. It also preps them for various sports.
- Emotional Benefits: CrossFit is similar to sports and martial arts in how it can develop children on an emotional level. It is a true confidence booster.
- Fitness as a Lifestyle: One of the main reasons CrossFit is a great program for kids, is it instills the value of fitness at an early age. Teaching kids that fitness is a lifestyle helps them understand the value of their health from the start.
What does the CrossFit Kids program consist of?
- Group Class 2-10 Children ages 9-12, 2x weekly
- Functional Fitness, natural movements of the body
- 2 Coaches present for every class enabling one on one for children that need extra support
- Focus on fitness performance, health and well-being
- Team like and Community building environment
- Our classes are all inclusive regardless of any child’s limitation or handicap